Monday, April 5, 2010

Thrifty Knock Off Hemp Balls

So--I had been admiring THESE awesome decorative Hemp Balls from my most favorite Blog: Make it and Love it. AND so I went to go buy all the ingredients to make them--and everything was SO PRICEY!! Walmart wanted almost $3/Styrofoam ball!!! And the Hemp cording was almost $6.
So all of a sudden I changed my mind and decided I would try and live with out them.
Then--I happened to be in the hardware section of Walmart and saw this little bundle of JUTE. Not quite as nice as Hemp--but only $1.75.
I decided that maybe I could find a different round object to use instead of the Styrofoam.
I searched a little bit until I found these wiffle balls at the dollar store for 5 for $1.
So with Glue gun in hand--I started winding around and around and around and around...etc.



I just glued down all the jute and it went fine right over the holes too.

This project is a little time consuming as it really takes a while to go around and around those little guys! But it is a perfect project to sit and do while you watch a movie.

Here are some of the finished little guys WITH OUT their paint jobs.
I couldn't decide whether to leave them as they were or give them some color like the Make it and Love it gal did.
I decided to add color to a few of them and leave a few plain--so I could have the best of both worlds.
I didn't have any spray paint in the colors I wanted to I painted them with Craft paint that I already had.
And Viola---the finished project.

And isn't that a cute little pedastal they are sitting on? I found it at my favorite thrift store for $0.25!!! It was gold and I spray painted it!! I will post those before and afters soon!!



Linking up to:



The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday

Finding Fabulous: Frugalicious Friday

5 comments:

  1. Ok I love them, I love them, I love them! And I just want to say I LOVE your toe thumbs too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I took those pictures of me holding the balls--I just knew someone would mention my toe thumbs!! Leave it to my sis!! Luv You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I forgot about your toe thumbs. I didn't even notice them, I was too busy admiring your handiwork and wondering if I was talented enough to make them. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! If I ever stop making skirts I'll have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project & your great ideas. I enjoyed stopping by your blog!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails