Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spray Painted Door Trim

OK--don't roll your eyes, but I have yet another post about the wonders of spray paint!

My front and back doors have been bothering me. They have this wonderful plastic trim around the window that over the years the sun has turned an awesome shade of YELLOW!

Exhibit A:

(I do not have an awesome camera to do this picture justice--just know that it is pretty yellow!)



So I turn to my new trusty friend: Spray paint.

I chose one that is specifically designed to use on PLASTICS.


AND I saw one of these tools on someones blogs once--and finally found one at WALMART--for somewhere in the $2-$3 range.


I figured it was a good investment in the health of my spray painting finger considering all the spray painting I am doing. And let me just say--IT WORKS AWESOME!!

If you spray paint at all--you really should get one!

It looks like this once you slip it over the can of your spray paint.

So then I taped off the areas of my door that I didn't want to get painted.

And then I went to work!

I applied 2 coats of paint. And I think it looks AMAZING! It looks like I have a brand new door!!

Here are the results:

Before / After

I can't wait to do the same thing to my back door! It is MUCH YELLOWER (is that a word?) and will make an even better before and after picture!

SPRAY PAINT MAKES ME HAPPY!

1 comment:

  1. I love it, it looks so much better and I know how little things like that can be so bothersome. I also just want to say that I think you need to find some kind of group to help with your addiction. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails