OK--a friend of mine just opened a Dollar Thrift Store. So I went on opening day and found these little beauties for $1 a piece. Yes you heard me--ONLY A BUCK A PIECE!!!
As you can tell they were horribly stained but had really good bones! So I staple gunned some batting to them and then reupholstered them. The seats just came off and so those were easy to recover--but the seat backs were kind of tricky--I ended up sewing a slip cover for them and then securing it to the bottom side of the seat back with staples.
I am SO HAPPY with how they came out--and they look SO MUCH BETTER than the old card table chairs that sat there before.